Wednesday, May 12, 2010

5-12 Favorite Moments: Popcorn

Growing up, Popcorn wasn't just a food in my family, it was an event.

I am happy to see the tradition beginning to be passed on. Today Peanut came up to me and asked for "popcorn". What a good boy! After he was sure I understood what he wanted, he went to the drawer where we keep large bowls and pulled out the red one I always use for popcorn.

While the corn was popping, Peanut stood in front of the stove with an excited look on his face, holding the big popcorn bowl in front of him. He was ready!

After the corn was popped, the butter properly melted and applied, with salt added of course, and all the ingredients mixed, we went to the "popcorn place". I don't know how this tradition started, but there is a fun rug in front of our kitchen sink. Whenever I make popcorn, Peanut goes to the rug and pats on it for me to come sit next to him. He always lets me know exactly where the popcorn bowl should be placed. And then we eat!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ah, the Hadlock popcorn. Yum! How fun that Peanut is continuing the tradition, and kudos to you for keeping your kitchen rugs clean enough to sit upon!