Yesterday I went back to the office. Just for a day. I had been called in as back up to a huge project going on and was excited to help out. It was a very interesting experience.
The hour commute to the babysitter's house (love that Ipod). Instructions for the kids schedules (details, details). Kissing my babies goodbye (hate that part). Fifteen minute commute downtown. Ten minutes to find parking and go through security (autopilot--you'd think I had done it before). Then the reunions (so fun to see people!), kept brief due to the schedule. And into the work.
Temple Square is beautiful in the spring. I love all the blossoms, flowers and colors there this time of year. It was wonderful to see some of the people I had worked with for years. The nylons weren't quite as bad as I had remembered. (I had refused to wear any since the day I quit last August.) I enjoyed the work, but missed my little men and wondered how they were doing.
As I drove home after collecting my sons, it was past six p.m. and some thoughts stood out to me very clearly. I enjoy the field that I have worked in. I like to learn new things and it was good to be able to help out. I am grateful I was able to work that day. I am grateful for a good babysitter who cares for my children. I am soooo grateful I don't have to work full-time anymore. I am soo grateful I can be home with my children. I am glad I can do the occasional project for the church, but I am grateful I can mostly focus on my family now. And I do admit I do not miss the bureaucracy and politics that are present in any office environment. I am also glad I don't have to wear a skirt, dress shoes and nylons everyday anymore. Yep, still grateful for that one. :) I love jeans. They are are wonderful invention.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It makes me happy reading your posts, I'm so happy you are writing again. I miss you! Boy do I have a lot to catch you up on too. We must talk soon.
Post a Comment