So I have spent the past couple of days catching the Peanut climbing out of his crib.
A few minutes after putting him down for a nap or for the night, I would stand outside his room with the door cracked just a bit and peek in to see what he was doing. You can learn a great deal about someone by just watching.
My favorite moment was after settling the Nut down for his nap on Monday. I peeked through the crack in the door about five minutes after I had left the room and saw Peanut straddling the rail of the crib. Just as he was about to pull himself over the rail he paused and then climbed back in. For a second I thought he had changed his mind, but as I watched I saw what was really going on.
Peanut had not gotten scared and re-considered his actions, or decided it was too much work to climb out of the crib. Oh-no indeed. As he dropped back into the crib, he grabbed he woobie (blanket with a stuffed animal head) and threw it over the side. Then he grabbed his toy car and it joined the woobie on the floor of the bedroom. Next he took his binkie out of his mouth and tossed it into the pile. This was serious business. The Nut wasn't going to climb with a binkie in his mouth.
Then once again he began his trek out of the crib. He did a pull up, got one leg over the rail, sat straddling the rail for a breath or two, then swung his other leg over while holding on for dear life. He continued holding himself up by the rail until he finally just let go and landed on his two sweet feet. He picked up his car, tucked his woobie under his arm, and popped his binkie back in his mouth. Then he turned to run to the door and declare his latest success and found me standing in the open doorway watching him.
He started to giggle with the most mischievous grin on his face as he looked at me and realized he had been caught in the act.
I wished I had recorded the entire incident. It was classic. :)
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment