Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5-22 Milestones: A Little Voice

Saturday night the kids were in bed and Drummer Man and I were chilling together in front of a movie downstairs. DM went up to the kitchen to get something when suddenly we both heard a little voice from the top of the stairs.

I looked up at DM, who looked up the stairs (split level home), and lo and behold, there was our little man just as pleased as punch to see us. "Hey!" he said with a huge grin on his face. I couldn't help it, I busted out laughing.

Our little monkey had climbed over the rails of his crib, held himself up like a marine and then dropped to the ground. (At least that is what I saw him do two days later. He has some serious arm strength!) He then ran to his door which was cracked open, and then down the hall to find us and declare his triumphant feat.

I was so proud of our clever boy, though a part of me wished he wouldn't be quite so clever just yet.

.... After escorting our little Houdini back to bed, DM and I looked at each other, laughed some more, and knew that life as we knew it had just changed again and would never be the same.

1 comment:

Marcie Hill said...

Hey there!! It's been ages and ages!! For some reason your posts just popped up on my feed and I was so happy to read them! I love how you write! You really capture those priceless moments of parenthood. What an amazing journey it is! I need to call you and catch up, girl!!