Forget George Washington and the cherry tree. Really! It is Drummer Man and the cherry tree that I want to tell about.
The other night I had been up with the baby a few times already and when I came back to bed, a branch from the tree outside kept scraping against the window. So even though I was exhausted and can fall asleep almost anywhere, almost anytime, I could not, for the life of me, sleep. Apparently the obnoxious noise was also keeping Drummer Man awake. He rolls over and says, “You want me to go cut that branch off the tree?” “Yes please!” I respond in my semi-comatose state. So guess what. Drummer Man gets out of bed and starts to leave the room. “Where are you going?” I asked confused. “To cut the tree.” What!!! I thought he was totally kidding! Nope. Not MY man.
Soon I hear sawing outside (mind you this is around 3 A.M.) My husband is sawing off a tree branch by moonlight in his pajamas. Simply the coolest thing ever. When he came back Drummer Man held up his hands for me. They were all bloody! I gasped and he replied, “Well, now we know it’s a cherry tree.” It was wild cherry juice. The things you learn.
Well, to sum it up, let’s just say that now the only thing that keeps us awake at night is our sweet AJ. As it should be. Thanks for cutting down half the cherry tree Drummer Man. In the middle of the night. My husband, my hero!
No comments:
Post a Comment